As you know, last week we released the Greener Cleaning in Sport Facilities Playbook at the Green Sports Alliance’s (GSA) annual Summit. Both the launch and the Summit were big successes — and it was great seeing so many of you there. My favorite parts (aside from launching the Playbook) were:
- Commissioner Gary Bettman’s speech and the NHL Sustainability Symposium
- Hanging out with Andrew Ference captain of the NHL Edmonton Oilers and Will Witherspoon former linebacker with the NFL St. Louis Rams
- The launch of GSA’s new Corporate Leadership Council
- Holding our 1st International Affiliates meeting with participants from the UK, Europe, Australia and South America so we can work around the globe
- Adding Brandon Igdalsky, CEO and owner of the Pocono Raceway to GSA’s Board of Directors
The Summit was truly fun and inspiring! I truly believe that sports can help us create better places to play, live, work and learn.
Thanks again for your support and contributions to the Playbook. You can download a copy by clicking here. Let us know if you have any additional thoughts or comments about the Playbook. And perhaps more important, what you need to implement a Greener Cleaning program.
Best regards and please be in touch,
On behalf of the Green Sports Alliance